REHABILITATION THROUGH MOVEMENT TO IMPROVE HEALTH
THE PROFESSION OF BIOKINETICS
What is Biokinetics?
The Science of Movement and the application of exercise in rehabilitative treatment and performance.
Biokinetics primary function is to improve physical functioning and health care through exercise as a modality.
Biokinetics is the profession concerned with health promotion, the maintenance of physical abilities and final phase rehabilitation, by means of scientifically-based physical activity program prescription.
What is a Biokineticists?
A specialized exercise therapist that functions in professional alliances to health and medicine, and is recognized by and registered with the HPCSA.
WHO WE ARE
K&A Biokineticists is a team of experienced, skilled BIOKINETICISTS who genuinely care about helping each patient return to the highest level of function. Our mission is to provide our patients with superior and accurate individualised analysis, advise and goal orientated movement programs to improve their health.
SERVICES WE OFFER
Rehabilitation Trough Movement To Improve Health
Keulder & Associates Biokineticist is achieving more with our initiatives than ever before. We work on many exciting projects to help improve the lives of others, and are very proud of the progress we continue to make. Learn more about what we do, who we help, and how we work every day to promote positive change.
• Sport specific assessments
• Consulting and program prescription for every level of sportsman/women
• Proper periodisation planning
• Injury prevention
• Achieve optimal performance
• Chronic / overuse injury rehabilitation
• Sports injury rehabilitation
• Injury prevention
• Post-operative rehabilitation
• Pre-operative treatment
• Musculoskeletal conditions / injuries:
• Elbow and wrist
• Hip and pelvis
• Foot and ankle
• Risk factor screening and assessment
• Cardiovascular reconditioning
• Postural retraining
• Goal setting and planning the way towards healthy living
• Application of exercise programs according to each child’s development, their sport and their age, using science as a platform.
• To improve the child’s physical and mental wellness
• To develop certain skills:
• Reaction time/ability
• Gross and fine motor skill development
• Improve their psychosomatic wellness
• Stronger, fitter kids between the ages of 8-18
FITNESS TEST AND SCREENINGS
• Keulder Biokineticist Health and Fitness Assessment
• Corporate Wellness days and workshops
• Discovery Vitality Assessments
• Fedhealth Weight Management assessments and programs
• Sasolmed Weight Management assessments and programs
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Multiple Schlerosis
• Cerebral Palsy
• Moto-Neuron Diseases
• Neuromuscular scoliosis
• Metabolic disorders
• Stress-related Disorders
• Coronary Artery Disease
• Lower back pain
• Osteo Arthritis
• Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Auto-immune diseases
YOU THE PATIENT
Rehabilitation and Performance Enhancement through the application of movement.
Muscle Strength and flexibility assessment
Injury prevention - special tests
Functional movement screening
EXERCISE REHABILITATION SESSIONS
Individually designed exercise program to treat your specific injury rehabilitation requirements.
Exercises with the use of equipment and body weight exercises.
Exercise program progression management
Return to full function through application of correct exercises
Rehabilitation to improve health through the application of the correct activity so health can be improved.
Continously reassessments and feedback.
MEET THE TEAM
Our dedicated team of experienced professionals are always on the ball, utilizing their unique skills and passion to move the work of Keulder & Associates Biokineticists forward. We’re always pushing ourselves to stay ahead of the curve and striving to perfect our programs. Meet some of our incredible leaders below.
FRANCOIS JANSE VAN RENSBURG
DEEJE VAN RHYN
"Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and feeble knees;
And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way, but let it rather be healed"